Pupil Leadership Team
We’re very lucky to have such keen and enthusiastic children in our school. Our representatives do a wonderful job, and we always look forward to working with all of them throughout the year.
Our pupil leaders are elected by their peers and teachers at the beginning of every year.
Head Boys & Head Girls
The Head Girls and Head Boys are primarily the role models of the school.
We take many things into account when we are choosing our head girl and boy including:
- Thoughtfulness and care for others
- Positive attitude to learning — growth mindset
- Good organisational skills
- Good attendance
- Know the right thing to do and do it
The roles and responsibilities of the Head Boys and Head Girls are to:
- Show visitors around the school
- Arrange monitors for singing assembly and other assemblies, when required
- Intervene on the playground to prevent unkindness to others
- Organise functions like the achievement awards
- Hand out certificates
- Give out notices in assemblies
- Check that our younger children come into assembly in an appropriate manner
|H E A D B O Y S & H E A D G I R L S
|HEAD BOY||HEAD GIRL|
|DEPUTY HEAD BOY||DEPUTY HEAD GIRL|
The main functions of our School Parliament is to represent the views of all pupils and to improve the school.
The School Parliament is about:
- Working and learning together
- Learning about democracy
- Learning how to play a positive role model in our community
- Improving our school for everyone
The School Parliament’s job is to involve everyone. Everybody needs to help by:
- Finding things that they would like to change
- Finding ways to make things better
- Putting their ideas into actions
What will staff do for the School Parliament?
- Make sure meetings happen when they are supposed to
- Support pupils to run meetings
Staff role in Class Parliament Meetings
- Ensure that there is time given for meetings
- Initially model chairing a meeting
- Support class discussions
|S C H O O L P A R L I A M E N T
Our Sports Leaders have a key role in promoting and encourage sport within the school. They will have meetings to discuss any ideas regarding physical education. Sports Leaders have an opportunity to share their own thoughts and opinions and collectively agree on any decisions that are made.
|S P O R T S L E A D E R S
Our Playground Leaders organise activities for other children in the playground. They encourage children to share and play together and promote the importance of teamwork.
|P L A Y G R O U N D L E A D E R S
Our Reading Leaders help promote the love of reading to our younger children. They spend time in different year groups and help other children improve their reading and comprehension skills.
|R E A D I N G L E A D E R S