All Year Round
- Blue sweat shirts or cardigans with the William Byrd school logo (old logo is acceptable)
- Black or grey trousers, skirt or pinafore
- White shirt, blouse or collared t-shirt
- Plain blue, black or white hijab or turban
- Black shoes
For Summer (or children may choose to stay in the ‘all year round’ uniform above)
- Girls: Blue and white check or stripe summer dress or knee length short trousers.
- Boys: Black or grey short trousers
- Black shorts or black footless leggings and white T shirts (long or short sleeved)
- Black plimsolls for PE in KS1 (with Velcro fastening)
- Black plimsolls or trainers in KS2 (these must be different from day-time shoes)
- Blue or black plain track or jogging suits or track suit/jogging bottoms may only be worn for outdoor PE in winter
Please ensure that your children wear sensible shoes to school. Children are very active during the day both inside the school and in the playground. Shoes need to be comfortable and safe. “Strappy” sandals and boots are not allowed.
In extreme weather children will be allowed to wear boots/wellingtons for their journey into school and then change into school shoes.
For health and safety reasons long hair should be tied back during the school day using simple ties, bands or clips. ‘Jojo bows’ are not considered suitable for school.
Extreme haircuts and razor patterns should not be worn at school as this goes against the principles of school uniform.
Makeup including nail varnish is not allowed in school. If your child is wearing nail varnish they will be asked to remove it for the next day. If this is not done then the child will be supplied with nail varnish remover and cotton wool and asked to remove it.