Trust update on plans to reopen William Byrd
Friday 22 May
Re: Possible reopening of school to more pupils in June
I am writing to you again about our plans to reopen in early June for Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 pupils, if the Government thinks it’s safe to do so.
Guidance has been constantly changing and becoming more demanding in terms of standards and expectations. With this in mind and with the knowledge from your feedback that the safe education and happiness of your children are your most important factors, we have made the decision to move our earliest date for the re-opening of the school to more pupils to the week beginning 8 June at the earliest. This is to make sure that we have the time to comply fully with health and safety risk assessments and with the Government’s guidance. This is also dependent upon the Government agreeing that it is safe to bring more children back into schools on 28 May.
Our aim at our Trust is to try and reduce risk and the anxiety in our preparations for reopening. With our community of parents, staff and pupils in mind, we have made all of our decisions using the principles that we will COMPLY SAFELY with Government advice and that we will go ahead using MAXIMUM CAUTION. We feel that we know our community well and that these principles will be of the most comfort to you.
Finally, when the re-opening does start, to ensure we can implement the new ways of working this will be staged gradually, rather than have all of the selected year groups starting on the same day and at the same time.
I must also add that these plans may change at short notice again due to further Government guidance, so please make sure that you keep an eye on school websites and look out for further emails or texts.
Mrs S Roberts and Mr P Bateman, Heads of our Primary schools, will be sending out more detailed plans closer to the possible date of opening. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact me, by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org