Parent Workshops & Support
At William Byrd Primary Academy we know that our parents/carers sometimes need advice on how they can support their child with Special Educational Needs, or any other concerns that they may have regarding their child’s development.
As a school we will always try our best to provide support and advice to our parents/carers, but we appreciate that there are more experienced and qualified professionals that you can access.
Keep checking this page for regularly updated information regarding workshops, events and courses that are occurring within school and the local community; as well as links to various websites which we think you may find useful supporting you and your child.
Workshops, Events & Courses
HACS are excited to share their upcoming workshops and courses. Please see the HACS Workshop Newsletter for more information about the workshops/courses mentioned below. To request your place on any of the courses/workshops please complete the HACS booking form.
Workshops coming up:
- Understanding Autism
- ESA – Part of Universal Credits
- PDA – Pathological Demand Avoidance
- Autism: Women & Girls
- Autism: Promoting Positive Behaviour
- The Online World – Keeping your Child/Teenager Safe
- Lego Based Therapy Training
Legal Advice Workshops coming up:
- Running your own Tribunal Appeal
- Getting an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- NHS Continuing Health Care, Adult Social Care, Powers of Attorney and Deputy ships – Ages 25 – 105 and Beyond